11.08.2015

Hello + Welcome



Hi friends! I'd like to welcome you to my personal blog. For those of you that know me, you know that I am the creative type and am always looking for creative outlets. I've contemplated starting a blog for a long time but with running a business and a growing family (expecting our third in a month), the thought of taking on another project seemed a bit overwhelming.

Our family has been through a lot of changes the past two years and to get better acquainted, I'd like to share our story with you. We are a lovingly blended family and I am surrounded by the love of my husband Melvin, our two girls Madelyn (10), Maya (2), my stepson Tyrell (9), and our soon to
come baby girl #3! I met my husband while living in Tucson, AZ where he was stationed at the time for the military and we met at my job. Coffee and a movie was all that it took for us to realize, THIS WAS IT. Fast forward in 2013 we had a baby (Maya) and 6 months later my husband got deployed to serve in Korea. Me and my two girls, Madelyn and Maya found ourselves in Tucson waiting on his return. Upon serving overseas, we got orders to relocate to even sunnier Las Vegas, NV. We have all been here since January of 2015, although our Tyrell still resides in Tucson. In the midst of all the changes, I was unfortunately diagnosed with Thyroid cancer, something I was very private about and only shared it with very close family and friends...until now. I decided that if I started a blog, it would be honest and open. Cancer isn't something I'm ashamed of but I didn't want to give it acknowledgement before since it casted such a dark shadow over our lives. I am happy to report that I am in remission and things are looking great. Now that I am better and things are settled, I'm ready to live and share again! With everyone!

The purpose of this blog is to document the daily happenings in my world, share new trends and recipes, and hopefully connect with all of you more! I love to design so there'll also be a lot of BTS (behind the scene) posts of what goes on at our shop Bhōra Creative. I hope you follow along, share, and interact with me, I LOVE to hear from all of you! XX

1 comment

  1. Thank you for sharing your story, I am so sorry to hear about your health struggle this year. You are one tough cookie!! Keep hanging in there, good luck with baby number 3, and I look forward to seeing more of your creative work!! Sending hugs from Alberta!

    ReplyDelete

© Kikhaly
Maira Gall